Unlock Negotiate With Empathy
Get Instant Access
Negotiate With Empathy
Achieve objectives without losing people.
Focus on negotiating with empathy to help achieve objectives and maintain relationships within the organization.
- Recognize that negotiation does not have to be a formal event. We negotiate constantly in our day-to-day interactions at work.
- Adopt a structured approach to negotiation to prepare effectively, communicate clearly, and clarify closing positions.
- Take the time to understand both parties’ motivations to negotiate with empathy.
Impact and Result
- Take the time to prepare for the negotiation to identify both parties’ perspectives and objectives.
- Focus on finding a solution that allows both parties to achieve their ultimate objective.
- Calmly close the conversation, focusing on agreed-upon actions and confirming that both parties are on board.
Negotiate With Empathy Research & Tools
1. Negotiate with empathy
Train managers to approach negotiation thoughtfully and with empathy.
About McLean & Company
McLean & Company is an HR research and advisory firm providing practical solutions to human resources challenges via executable research, tools, diagnostics, and advisory services that have a clear and measurable impact on your business.
What Is a Blueprint?
A blueprint is designed to be a roadmap, containing a methodology and the tools and templates you need to solve your HR problems.
Each blueprint can be accompanied by a Guided Implementation that provides you access to our world-class analysts to help you get through the project.
Need Extra Help?
Try Our Guided Implementations
Get the help you need in this 1-phase advisory process. You'll receive 1 touchpoints with our researchers, all included in your membership.
- Call #1 - Learn how to train managers to understand the negotiation process and approach negotiations from a people-first perspective.
- Adelle Popolo, Retired Management Consultant
- Ann Frost, Associate Professor of Organizational Behavior, Ivey Business School
- Dave Chalmers, Management Consultant
- Keld Jensen, CEO, MarketWatch Centre for Negotiation; author, professor, advisor, and speaker on negotiation
- Kristi Hedges, CEO, The Hedges Company; author of The Power of Presence
- Michael Dickstein, Dickstein Dispute Resolution/MEDiate
Leadership Development Map
Search Code: 75012
Last Revised: August 9, 2021