Focus on negotiating with empathy to help achieve objectives and maintain relationships within the organization.
Need Extra Help?
Speak With An Analyst.
- Get on-demand project support
- Get advice, coaching, and insight at key project milestones
- Go through a Guided Implementation to help you get through your project
- Recognize that negotiation does not have to be a formal event. We negotiate constantly in our day-to-day interactions at work.
- Adopt a structured approach to negotiation to prepare effectively, communicate clearly, and clarify closing positions.
- Take the time to understand both parties’ motivations to negotiate with empathy.
Impact and Result
- Take the time to prepare for the negotiation to identify both parties’ perspectives and objectives.
- Focus on finding a solution that allows both parties to achieve their ultimate objective.
- Calmly close the conversation, focusing on agreed-upon actions and confirming that both parties are on board.