- A shift in role has caused a gap in skills for HR’s business acumen.
- HR is seen as a critical partner, but a lack of business acumen stifles their impact.
- Having business acumen will help HR be seen as a strategic partner.
There is a sweet spot between understanding the fundamentals, your stakeholders’ needs, and applying critical thinking to align and engage with the organization.
Impact and Result
- HR is now equipped with the skills and tactics to continue their journey as a strategic business partner where they act as a catalyst for organizational goals and objectives.
- Stakeholder expectations and relationships are top of mind and HR’s effectiveness will increase.
- HR will make the shift from partner to anticipator by applying critical thinking.
Business Outcome Orientation
This program has been approved for continuing professional development (CPD) hours under Section A of the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Log of the Human Resource Professionals Association (HRPA).
McLean & Company is recognized by SHRM and can award Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
HR Certification Institute’s® official seal confirms that McLean & Company meets the criteria for pre-approved recertification credit(s) for any of HRCI’s eight credentials, including SPHR® and PHR®.
How to complete this course:
Use these videos, along with the Project Blueprint deck above, to gain an understanding of the subject. Start with the Introduction, then move through each of the Course Modules. At the end of each Module, you will be required to complete a short test to demonstrate your understanding. You will complete this course when you have completed all of the course tests.
- Number of Course Modules: 4
- Estimated Completion Time: 1.5 hours
Create a business outcome orientation for HR as a function. Identify the significant impact HR can have on business outcomes when HR initiatives and resources are aligned with organizational goals and when HR has the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to effectively deliver on these HR initiatives.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify the components of business acumen that enable business-outcome-focused decision making.
- Describe how to identify business outcomes that are based on organizational goals.
- Explain how to align and communicate HR initiatives.
- Explain how to align an HR budget with organizational goals to ensure resource allocation supports business outcomes.