Despite a glut of research on all facets of decision making, decisions often fail. In fact, one of the main root causes of leadership failure is poor decision making.
- Most day-to-day decisions, often including operational decisions (e.g. what should we say to customers about our new product?) and tactical decisions (e.g. how should we market the new product line?) are not important enough to undertake a thorough rational analysis.
- However, in the case of strategic decisions (e.g. should we merge with another company?), as well as important operational and tactical decisions, a thorough rational analysis is called for. When coupled with an understanding of our inclinations toward irrationality – and tactics for avoiding those judgment traps and biases – it gives us the best opportunity to arrive at an optimal decision.
Impact and Result
- In order to become effective decision makers, leaders must be reminded of how to take a structured approach to decision making to drive stakeholder buy-in, reduce bias, manage groupthink and analysis paralysis, and drive overall decision consistency.
- Thorough training on decision making will enable managers to realize greater decision-making success – and this easily translates into significant business outcomes.
This guided implementation is a one call advisory process.
Call #1 - Enable managers to make better decisions.
Book Your Workshop
Onsite workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Master the Art of Decision Making
- Train managers on decision making within the Integrated Leadership framework.
- Have managers practice problem identification and applying the decision-making processes.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Improve decision-making skills with a structured and planful approach.
Review and customize the manager training deck and tools.
- Customized manager training presentation and materials.
Facilitate decision-making training.
- Facilitated training session.