- Alasdair T. Campbell Jr., Vice-President, Financial Industry
- Alasdair T. Campbell Sr., HR Consultant
- Elaine Crowlet, Executive Coach & OD Consultant
- Rick Highsmith, President, Quality Team Building LLC
- Johanne Landry, Services Conseils
- Leon Noone, Principal Consultant, Noone Self Instruction System
- Maxine Sesula, HR Manager, Cutting Inc.
- Although teams are present in almost all organizations, many are not operating effectively.
- Teams must effectively navigate the team lifecycle to achieve high performance. It is the team leader’s responsibility to direct the team through this tumultuous time.
- Unfortunately, many team leaders do not focus enough on guiding the team through the team lifecycle, resulting in poor team dynamics and mediocre team performance.
- The team lifecycle is not a straight path; it is iterative. Teams will move backward and forward through the stages as the team experiences change.
- The value of a team is dependent on the team leader’s ability to guide the team through the four phases of the team lifecycle to create an effective team environment.
Impact and Result
- Gain the knowledge and ability to create effective teams that have a tangible and visible effect on the bottom line of the organization.
- Foster essential career skills:
- Develop managers to become effective team leaders.
- Develop employees to become impactful and active team participants.
This guided implementation is a one call advisory process.