Identify Strategic Direction to Drive Aligned Action
Elevate your strategic leadership skills to drive impactful outcomes through four key practices.
In the evolving world of work, there is an opportunity to strengthen experienced leaders’ ability to effectively identify, analyze, and respond to organizational priorities and industry changes. Many leaders struggle to integrate their organization’s priorities into team objectives, while remaining agile to pivot as unexpected changes arise in the environment.
HR needs to equip its leaders with the resources and tools to strategically pinpoint change in the environment and proactively adjust their team goals to reflect the evolving situation. Leaders of leaders can use this multi-part resource to deepen their ability to interpret strategic direction, anticipate shifts in the industry and incorporate these insights into their day-to-day actions.
Need Extra Help?
Speak With An Analyst.
- Get on-demand project support
- Get advice, coaching, and insight at key project milestones
- Go through a Guided Implementation to help you get through your project
Provide leaders of leaders with the resources to develop their ability to identify strategic direction based on organizational goals and relevant external factors, incorporate insights into daily actions, and mobilize stakeholders at all levels to respond accordingly.
Impact and Result
- Partner with leaders to help them integrate and model the organization’s mission, vision, and values into their own priorities and behaviors, and that of their team.
- Distribute these learning resources to enable your organization’s leaders to anticipate uncertainty through external scans and share insights across the organization as appropriate.
- Equip leaders to incorporate a proactive understanding of the organization’s priorities and shifts in the external landscape into practical actions for their portfolio.
Identify Strategic Direction to Drive Aligned Action Research & Tools
1. Gain HR Advice to Navigate This Learning Resource for Leaders – Distribute this learning resource to your leaders to help them achieve their objectives by aligning and executing strategy effectively.
Leaders of leaders can use this multi-part resource to deepen their ability to interpret strategic direction, anticipate shifts in the industry, and incorporate these insights into their day-to-day actions.
2. Align Your Team With the Organization's Mission, Vision, and Values – Leverage the organization’s guiding statements as your compass to align your strategic direction.
Share this guide with leaders of leaders to grow their skills in internalizing organizational priorities and encouraging their team to forge a personal connection with them.
3. Leverage External Scans to Manage Uncertainty – Watch for external influences that can cascade ripple effects onto your team.
Share this guide to with leaders of leaders to help them anticipate shifts in the broad external and competitive landscape to prepare to pivot.
4. Fine Tune Your Strategy to Meet Organizational Needs – Meet organizational goals by creating action plans that put strategy in motion for your team.
Share this guide with leaders of leaders to develop their ability to turn strategic direction into strategic execution within their portfolio.
5. Share Insights to Drive Organizational Success – Share up, down, and across. Present insights to staff, cross-functional peers, and executives to drive success.
Share this guide with leaders of leaders to help them identify how to share key insights with various stakeholders at different levels of the oganization to inspire action.