- HR has designed a detailed performance appraisal process; however, managers are not aware of their responsibilities and as such, do not effectively implement the steps.
- Managers are not comfortable providing feedback or rating their employees.
- The value of effective performance management is not understood by managers.
- Managers are not setting clear, relevant goals and evaluating behaviors against competencies.
Need Extra Help?
Speak With An Analyst.
- Get on-demand project support
- Get advice, coaching, and insight at key project milestones
- Go through a Guided Implementation to help you get through your project
- Effective management of performance is not a one-time conversation. Managers must leverage the process, goal setting, competencies, feedback, and ratings to manage their employees’ performance.
- Performance management rises or falls with managers; provide the training they need to have effective performance conversations.
Impact and Result
Equip managers to effectively navigate performance management by:
- Navigating the performance appraisal process
- Setting clear, specific goals
- Communicating expected competencies
- Providing clear feedback
- Evaluating the performance of employees