- HR is not equipped with the data needed to properly address the skills gap. There is a lack of successful processes for forecasting future skills (United Nations, 2020).
- Reacting to changes rather than following a process to identify future skills puts organizations at risk of falling behind. Not having the right future skills in place can negatively affect a company’s performance. It can reduce innovation, increase talent costs, lower quality and customer service standards, and make it much more difficult to pursue market opportunities (PwC, 2019).
Need Extra Help?
Speak With An Analyst.
- Get on-demand project support
- Get advice, coaching, and insight at key project milestones
- Go through a Guided Implementation to help you get through your project
- There is no cure-all for understanding what skills your organization will need in the future. HR must embed an iterative process to identify the future skills needed and the gap with current skills in the workforce to execute organizational and talent strategies.
Impact and Result
- Scope the future skills identification process and design a pilot to uncover future skills and the skills gap. Iterate and apply this process throughout the organization to identify future skills.
- Modify and/or create new roles to incorporate future skills into your organization.