- Regrettable turnover is impacting organizational productivity and leading to significant costs associated with employee departures and the recruitment required to replace them.
- Many organizations tackle retention from an engagement perspective: Increase engagement to improve retention. This approach doesn’t consider the whole problem.
- Engagement surveys mask the volatility of the employee experience and hide the reason why individual employees leave. You must also talk to employees to understand the moments that matter and engage managers to understand turnover triggers.
Impact and Result
- Build the case for creating retention plans by leveraging employee data and feedback to identify the key reasons for turnover that need to be addressed.
- Target employee segments and work with management to develop solutions to retain top talent.
Workshop: Develop an Effective Talent Retention Plan
Workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Identify Reasons for Regrettable Turnover
- Gather and analyze organizational turnover data.
- Identify the main drivers of turnover at the organization.
- Conduct focus groups to discover employee needs.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Organizational turnover data analyzed.
- Main turnover drivers identified.
- Focus groups conducted.
Analyze data to determine why employees join, stay, and leave.
Identify common themes.
- List of common themes/pain points recorded in the Retention Plan Workbook
Prepare for focus groups.
- Plan for focus groups documented in the Focus Group Guide
Conduct focus groups.
Module 2: Select Solutions and Create an Action Plan
- Develop an empathy map to further understand employee needs.
- Form the stay interview guide.
- Outline specific retention initiatives and associated metrics.
- Identify key actions to realize retention plan.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Empathy map generated.
- Stay Interview Guide customized.
- Retention initiatives and metrics developed.
- Action and communication plan outlined.
Create an empathy map to identify needs.
- Employee needs
Brainstorm stay interview process and customize guide.
- Stay Interview Guide and process outline
Select retention initiatives.
- Retention initiatives
Determine goals and metrics.
- Goals and associated metrics recorded in the Retention Plan Workbook
Plan stakeholder communication.
Build an action plan.
- Action plan documented in HR Action and Communication Plan