- Organizations struggle to implement workforce planning. While headcount planning is a process most organizations are comfortable with, workforce planning is a more complex undertaking that involves more stakeholders, more quantitative and qualitative data, and longer planning horizons.
- A lack of suitable data and internal expertise on designing and applying workforce planning means that many organizations apply it infrequently, improperly, or not at all.
- It is common practice to continually reassess customers, markets, and products in today’s VUCA environment, but there is often no parallel assessment of workforce composition. Leaders need to be planful and develop a strategy that positions their organization to take advantage of change rather than fall victim to it.
Impact and Result
- Start the workforce planning journey by designing the process and planning for the different stakeholders and analyses that will be involved.
- Implement a clear and straightforward workforce planning process aligned with organizational capabilities and maturity to make workforce planning achievable and attain the benefits of this strategic planning process.
1 to 1.5 CPD hours per course.
McLean & Company is recognized by SHRM and can award Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
HR Certification Institute’s® official seal confirms that McLean & Company meets the criteria for pre-approved recertification credit(s) for any of HRCI’s eight credentials, including SPHR® and PHR®.
How to complete this course:
Use these videos, along with the Project Blueprint deck above, to gain an understanding of the subject. Start with the Introduction, then move through each of the Course Modules. At the end of each Module, you will be required to complete a short test to demonstrate your understanding. You will complete this course when you have completed all of the course tests.
- Number of Course Modules: 5
- Estimated Completion Time: 1.5 hrs
Create a workforce planning process that is aligned with organizational needs and capabilities.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Determine their approach to workforce planning by setting goals, project scope, and inventorying their resources and relevant data.
- Establish a plan for collaborating with functional leaders to effectively identify requirements for the workforce, such as skills, competencies, roles, locations, demographics, functions, and structure.
- Design a forecast framework to understand their workforce supply, demand, and gaps.
- Understand strategies to address workforce needs and prepare to implement the workforce planning process.
Design and Build a Strategic Workforce Planning Toolkit - Introduction: Create a workforce planning toolkit that will ensure the right talent is available when and where it is needed
Design and Build a Strategic Workforce Planning Toolkit - Module 1: Determine your approach to workforce planning
Design and Build a Strategic Workforce Planning Toolkit - Module 2: Establish a plan for collaborating with functional leaders
Design and Build a Strategic Workforce Planning Toolkit - Module 3: Design your forecast framework to understand workforce supply, demand, and gaps
Design and Build a Strategic Workforce Planning Toolkit - Module 4: Understand strategies to address workforce needs and prepare to implement the workforce planning process