What is it?
- A talent marketplace platform is a technology that uses artificial intelligence to match people to opportunities based on their skills, interests, and aspirations.
Why does it matter?
- Rapid changes in the internal and external environment require organizations to remain flexible and pivot quickly. However, many organizations are not designed to keep up with this rate of change, resulting in challenges with preparing talent for the future of work.
- An artificial intelligence-enabled talent marketplace helps organizations:
- Identify existing employee skills, talent gaps, and skills demand trends so they can respond as needed to prepare the workforce to meet future organizational need.
- Mobilize talent quickly to staff urgent projects and critical roles.
- Empower employees to own and drive their own careers and highlight career paths to critical roles to support succession planning.
- Improve employee access and visibility to opportunities that support development, upskilling, and reskilling.
- Leverage existing internal talent to recruit for open roles and encourage employees to pursue internal opportunities rather than looking externally.