- Headcount planning has a lot of moving parts, and it is unclear who is responsible for leading the process.
- The disconnect between HR and Finance results in a non-holistic approach to data analysis and an incomplete representation of stakeholder priorities.
Need Extra Help?
Speak With An Analyst.
- Get on-demand project support
- Get advice, coaching, and insight at key project milestones
- Go through a Guided Implementation to help you get through your project
- The main goal of headcount planning is to determine the right number of jobs and positions required to achieve organizational goals while adhering to budget constraints. Without collaboration between HR and Finance, there are missed opportunities to effectively achieve that goal.
- HR’s involvement in all the steps of headcount planning aligns stakeholders, brings focus and clarity to the process, and gives a larger perspective to the individual steps.
Impact and Result
Conduct a strategic and effective headcount planning process that incorporates people and the financial perspective, leading to a holistic headcount plan.