- There is confusion about how to translate culture from an abstract concept to something that is measurable, actionable, and process driven.
- Organizations lack clarity about who is accountable and responsible for culture, with groups often pointing fingers at each other.
Need Extra Help?
Speak With An Analyst.
- Get on-demand project support
- Get advice, coaching, and insight at key project milestones
- Go through a Guided Implementation to help you get through your project
- When it comes to culture, the lived experience can be different from stated values. Culture is a pattern of behaviors and the way work is done, rather than simply perks, working environment, and policy.
- Executives’ active participation in culture change is paramount. If they aren’t willing to change the way they behave, attempts to shift the culture will fail.
Impact and Result
- Executives need to clarify how the culture they want will help achieve their strategy and agree on the focus values that will have the maximum impact.
- HR needs to measure the current state of culture and facilitate the process of leveraging existing elements while shifting undesirable ones.
Articulate and Foster Organizational Culture
This program has been approved for continuing professional development (CPD) hours under Section A of the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Log of the Human Resource Professionals Association (HRPA).
McLean & Company is recognized by SHRM and can award Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
HR Certification Institute’s® official seal confirms that McLean & Company meets the criteria for pre-approved recertification credit(s) for any of HRCI’s eight credentials, including SPHR® and PHR®.
How to complete this course:
Use these videos, along with the Project Blueprint deck above, to gain an understanding of the subject. Start with the Introduction, then move through each of the Course Modules. At the end of each Module, you will be required to complete a short test to demonstrate your understanding. You will complete this course when you have completed all of the course tests.
- Number of Course Modules: 5
- Estimated Completion Time: 1.5 hours
HR professionals will understand how to support leaders in determining the culture that is best for the organization to deliver on the strategy and choose the values that will have the maximum impact. Understand the importance of alignment around values and how they can be reinforced through HR programs.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of culture to drive the organization’s strategy.
- Examine the current culture and values in their organization.
- Examine the options to equip leaders with the tools to drive change.
- Connect culture with their own role and make decisions to drive and reinforce alignment of culture.
- Support business leaders in working toward disseminating and maintaining culture.