- Few HR departments enable their organization’s innovation efforts, resulting in a missed opportunity to be a strategic partner and accelerate results.
- There are different types of innovation, and different cultural drivers are critical for each type of innovation. Understanding the type(s) of innovation an organization is using allows HR to determine where to focus their efforts.
- Enabling innovation is a balancing act. Take the time to understand the type(s) your organization is using to focus HR’s resources where they will have the biggest impact.
Impact and Result
- Engage stakeholders to understand the organization’s innovation goals and type(s), and gain buy-in for HR’s involvement.
- Identify the drivers that need to be improved and maintained to enable the organization’s innovation type(s).
- Plan to align HR programs to reinforce prioritized drivers.
This program has been approved for continuing professional development (CPD) hours under Section A of the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Log of the Human Resource Professionals Association (HRPA).
McLean & Company is recognized by SHRM and can award Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
HR Certification Institute’s® official seal confirms that McLean & Company meets the criteria for pre-approved recertification credit(s) for any of HRCI’s eight credentials, including SPHR® and PHR®.
How to complete this course:
Use these videos, along with the Project Blueprint deck above, to gain an understanding of the subject. Start with the Introduction, then move through each of the Course Modules. At the end of each Module, you will be required to complete a short test to demonstrate your understanding. You will complete this course when you have completed all of the course tests.
- Number of Course Modules: 4
- Estimated Completion Time: 1.5 hours
Understand what innovation is and why having an innovative culture is important. Identify the current state of innovation, key innovation drivers, and how HR can embed behaviors that reinforce a culture of innovation within the organization.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify the types of innovation that best suit the organization.
- Clarify innovation goals for the organization and identify innovation drivers.
- Create a plan to embed behaviors that support innovation and collaboration in the organization.
- Select solutions to improve innovation and collaboration.