- Angela Sinickas, Owner & Founder, Sinickas Communications Inc. www.sinicom.com/
- Jim Shaffer, Principal, The Jim Shaffer Group
- Lisa Harlow, CHRO, CoastHills
- Lori Woods, Senior Training & Organizational Development Analyst, Placer County
- Mona Najib, HR Manager, LeasePlan USA
- Nicole La Rocque, Senior Communications Manager, SNL Finanical
- Sally Klauss, Training Analyst, Placer County
- Stephanie Caraway, General Manager - Human Resources & Risk Management, Sanden International (USA), Inc.
- Vivian Herrera, HR Manager, Brinks
- Anonymous, Senior Manager, HR Strategy & Communication, Financial Services
- Anonymous, Organizational Development Communications Specialist, Public Service
- Anonymous, HR Manager, Financial Services
- The rapid rate of communication combined with the increase in verbal and written channels puts increased demand on managers to consider the communication process.
- Direct reports are dispersed across domestic and international sites, representing multiple cultures and generations, straining communications.
- Communication context considerations are more complex in the workplaces of today, challenging managers to “think before they speak” like never before.
- Context frames the purpose of communication. It is intent, word choice, speed of speech, body language, and intonation.
Impact and Result
- Identify where these complexities exist in your organization.
- Establish clear guidelines on effective and appropriate use of communication channels.
- Increase awareness and train managers to successfully navigate these increased complexities. Training components include:
- Effective communication and why it matters.
- Changing workplace and impact on communication.
- Model communication culture and values.
This guided implementation is a six call advisory process.
Guided Implementation #1 - Assess current communication effectiveness
Call #1 - Discuss assessment questionnaire results and prepare for focus groups.
Call #2 - Review data to prioritize strengths and opportunity areas in manager communications.
Guided Implementation #2 - Customize the manager training deck
Call #1 - Clarify the elements of effective communication and considerations for your organization.
Call #2 - Walk through the training deck customization requirements.
Guided Implementation #3 - Deliver manager training
Call #1 - Discuss training options to determine most appropriate approach.
Call #2 - Review measurements of training success and follow-up action planning considerations.
Book Your Workshop
Onsite workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Assess current communication effectiveness
- Discuss the importance of effective manager communication.
- Review organizational, team, and individual barriers.
- Review assessment data and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Define HR’s role in manager communications.
- Identify five communication elements.
Key Benefits Achieved
- A comprehensive understanding of the organizational, team, and individual barriers that impede communication.
- Assessed overall effectiveness of manager communication.
- Conducted focus groups with managers and employees.
Review assessment data and identify areas of opportunity.
- Identified three strengths and three opportunity areas.
Module 2: Customize the manager training deck
- Define organization communication culture
- Review verbal and written communication channels
- Discuss virtual communications
- Discuss cultural awareness
- Define global mindset
- Review generational considerations
- Discuss social styles
- Define Employee Value Proposition
- Discuss when in-person is the only way
Key Benefits Achieved
- Customized manager training deck for the organization
- Customized training deck to align with organization communication culture and Employee Value Proposition
Customize to align with communication culture
- Defined the behavioral elements consistent with organization communication culture
Customize to reflect communication channels
- Confirmed advantages and disadvantages or organizational communication channels
Virtual communication challenges activity
- Defined virtual challenges and mitigation tactics
Global mindset activity
- Defined global characteristics relevant to the organization
Identify generation profile activity
- Mapped generational profile to organizational chart