- Organizations underestimate the importance of the people side of change. Often, the people element is addressed at the last minute – an ineffective and inauthentic approach.
- Many people perceive change management as a complicated, overwhelming process.
Need Extra Help?
Speak With An Analyst.
- Get on-demand project support
- Get advice, coaching, and insight at key project milestones
- Go through a Guided Implementation to help you get through your project
- Change may be complex, but change management doesn’t have to be. Simplify complex change by breaking it down into manageable milestones.
- People are always looking for what is new in change management. However, existing models are not broken – the problem lies in the execution and a lack of focus on the people impact.
- Tying change metrics to performance metrics for managers and leaders is an effective way to ensure that someone has accountability for sustaining the change post-implementation.
Impact and Result
- While change can be complicated, change management does not have to be. Break change into digestible components to make it manageable.
- Take the time upfront to be planful about change. Assess readiness and stakeholders to create a customized, relevant, and detailed action plan to effectively address change.
- Develop change resiliency in employees to increase their ability to adapt to change.
This program has been approved for continuing professional development (CPD) hours under Section A of the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Log of the Human Resource Professionals Association (HRPA).
McLean & Company is recognized by SHRM and can award Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
HR Certification Institute’s® official seal confirms that McLean & Company meets the criteria for pre-approved recertification credit(s) for any of HRCI’s eight credentials, including SPHR® and PHR®.
How to complete this course:
Use these videos, along with the Project Blueprint deck above, to gain an understanding of the subject. Start with the Introduction, then move through each of the Course Modules. At the end of each Module, you will be required to complete a short test to demonstrate your understanding. You will complete this course when you have completed all of the course tests.
- Number of Course Modules: 5
- Estimated Completion Time: 1.5 hours
Learn the initiatives and techniques HR can use to build their change management capability, increase buy-in and adoption in their organization, and sustain change so that momentum and gains aren’t lost over time.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify change management as a set of clear, manageable components.
- Begin to assess organizational readiness and key stakeholders’ perspectives.
- Identify the features of a detailed change management action and communication plan that can be tailored to both the change itself and their organization.
- Recognize the elements of a sustainment plan that will support momentum and buy-in until the change becomes part of the organization’s culture and processes.
All of our McLean Academy courses have closed captioning available. To turn this function on, click on the C.C. in the bottom right corner of the video screen and click "English" on the options that pop-up.
Change Management - Introduction: Build your change management capabilities to support buy-in, adoption, and sustainment
Change Management - Module 1: Plan for change
Change Management - Module 2: Create the change action and communication plan
Change Management - Module 3: Create the sustainment plan
Change Management - Module 4: Implement and sustain the change