- Organizations underestimate the importance of the people side of change. Often, the people element is addressed at the last minute – an ineffective and inauthentic approach.
- Many people perceive change management as a complicated, overwhelming process.
- Change may be complex, but change management doesn’t have to be. Simplify complex change by breaking it down into manageable milestones.
- People are always looking for what is new in change management. However, existing models are not broken – the problem lies in the execution and a lack of focus on the people impact.
- Tying change metrics to performance metrics for managers and leaders is an effective way to ensure that someone has accountability for sustaining the change post-implementation.
Impact and Result
- While change can be complicated, change management does not have to be. Break change into digestible components to make it manageable.
- Take the time upfront to be planful about change. Assess readiness and stakeholders to create a customized, relevant, and detailed action plan to effectively address change.
- Develop change resiliency in employees to increase their ability to adapt to change.
1 to 1.5 CPD hours per course.
McLean & Company is recognized by SHRM and can award Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
HR Certification Institute’s® official seal confirms that McLean & Company meets the criteria for pre-approved recertification credit(s) for any of HRCI’s eight credentials, including SPHR® and PHR®.
How to complete this course:
Use these videos, along with the Project Blueprint deck above, to gain an understanding of the subject. Start with the Introduction, then move through each of the Course Modules. At the end of each Module, you will be required to complete a short test to demonstrate your understanding. You will complete this course when you have completed all of the course tests.
- Number of Course Modules: 5
- Estimated Completion Time: 1.5 hours
Learn the initiatives and techniques HR can use to build their change management capability, increase buy-in and adoption in their organization, and sustain change so that momentum and gains aren’t lost over time.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify change management as a set of clear, manageable components.
- Begin to assess organizational readiness and key stakeholders’ perspectives.
- Identify the features of a detailed change management action and communication plan that can be tailored to both the change itself and their organization.
- Recognize the elements of a sustainment plan that will support momentum and buy-in until the change becomes part of the organization’s culture and processes.
All of our McLean Academy courses have closed captioning available. To turn this function on, click on the C.C. in the bottom right corner of the video screen and click "English" on the options that pop-up.
Change Management - Introduction: Build your change management capabilities to support buy-in, adoption, and sustainment
Change Management - Module 1: Plan for change
Change Management - Module 2: Create the change action and communication plan
Change Management - Module 3: Create the sustainment plan
Change Management - Module 4: Implement and sustain the change
Workshop: Navigate Change
Workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Prepare for the Change
- Define effective change management.
- Assess readiness for the change.
- Identify stakeholders and change agents.
- Complete the impact assessment.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Guiding principles designed.
- Stakeholders identified.
- Change impact assessed.
- Change agents identified.
Define guiding principles.
- Guiding principles defined
Review readiness assessment to define key priority areas.
Conduct stakeholder analysis.
- Stakeholder analysis conducted
Assess potential impacts of change.
- Impact analysis completed
- Risks established
Select change agents.
- Change agents identified
Module 2: Create a Change Action and Communication Plan
- Develop a high-level action and communication plan.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Action plan for change initiative established.
- Communications outlined.
Identify change milestones.
- Change milestones identified
Scope high-level communication principles.
Outline key actions.
- Key actions outlined
Map communications for each action.
- Completed change action and communication plan
Module 3: Prepare HR for the Change
- Prepare FAQs.
- Tailor the Training Deck: Lead Through Change.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Customized manager training deck.
- Customized FAQs
Customize training deck.
- Customized training deck for managers
Train the trainer (HR).
- Lead Through Change training completed for HR