- HR and stakeholders may have false perceptions of each other; stakeholders may be unaware of HR’s projects, and HR may be in the dark about what matters most to stakeholders.
- It can be intimidating to ask for stakeholders’ perceptions of HR, hear critical feedback, and respond to it constructively.
- Stop guessing about stakeholders’ needs and priorities; invite regular feedback to increase trust and strategic collaboration across the organization.
Impact and Result
- Strong relationships with stakeholders start with open communication about stakeholders’ needs, priorities, and concerns.
- Use McLean & Company’s low-effort, high-impact diagnostic – the HR Stakeholder Management (HRSM) Survey – to gain an accurate snapshot of stakeholders’ relationship with and perception of HR.
- Understand the method and level of effort required to effectively communicate with each stakeholder group.
- Deliver value to the organization through active collaboration, integrating talent strategy with broader organizational strategy, and regularly inviting executive input on HR’s strategic priorities.
Workshop: Manage Stakeholder Relations
Workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Analyze HRSM Survey Results
- Determine which stakeholders will be a priority to build relationships with.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Priority stakeholders identified.
Analyze HRSM Survey results.
Assess HR’s alignment with organizational goals.
- Assessed HR alignment with organizational goals.
Complete the Stakeholder Analysis Tool to prioritize stakeholders.
- Prioritized stakeholders.
Identify the social styles of prioritized stakeholders.
- Gained insight into stakeholder relationships.
Agree on the scenario that best describes the HRSM Survey results.
Module 2: Develop a Stakeholder Management Action Plan
- Tailor communication strategy to stakeholder roles.
- Create an initial action plan to present to stakeholders.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Communication strategy tailored.
- Initial action plan created.
Prepare to communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Created strategies to communicate with stakeholders.
Draft an initial stakeholder management action plan.
- Drafted an initial action plan.