- A wide variety of behaviors, processes, and cultural factors impact team effectiveness. Making sense of team effectiveness can be intimidating for HR professionals or team members because there is no one single formula for highly effective teams.
- Teams are ultimately accountable for their own effectiveness and improvement but it is unrealistic to expect teams struggling with effectiveness to fix themselves. These teams lack the very behaviors, skills, and processes required to improve themselves. Sometimes they need an impartial third party – like HR – to help them get started.
- McLean & Company’s IDEA model of team effectiveness identifies four factors to use in identifying team challenges and focus areas for an effectiveness improvement plan: identity, decision making, exchanges within the team, and atmosphere of team safety.
- While teams are ultimately accountable for their own effectiveness and improvement, HR can support them by offering an impactful assessment and identifying activities that teams can do to improve themselves.
Impact and Result
- Use McLean & Company’s IDEA model of team effectiveness to identify team effectiveness drivers in an organized and easy-to-understand way.
- Assess the team against McLean & Company’s IDEA model of team effectiveness to identify team strengths and challenges.
- Facilitate a team meeting and team activities to address challenges and create an improvement plan.
Workshop: Equip Managers to Improve Team Effectiveness
Workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Equip Managers to Improve Team Effectiveness
- Assess team effectiveness and diagnose areas for improvement to support team effectiveness improvement plans.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Use McLean & Company’s IDEA model of team effectiveness to help teams improve.
Assess teams and identify priority areas for improvement.
- Team effectiveness current state assessed.
Communicate results and begin planning for continuous improvement.
- An action plan to improve and sustain team effectiveness.