- Engagement program satisfaction is low. Only 36% of respondents rated their employee engagement efforts as effective (McLean & Company, Trends and Priorities 2019 Survey, N=895).
- Poor communication of engagement programs has resulted in a lack of buy-in from employees and leaders.
- Not acting on survey results is contributing to lower engagement and eroded trust for many employees.
Move beyond focusing on employee engagement surveys and use an engagement program strategy to planfully communicate the purpose and goals of engagement to gain traction and buy-in and determine ownership.
Impact and Result
- Develop an engagement program strategy to drive organizational success.
- Determine the approach to engagement by reviewing your organization’s engagement history and readiness for leader-driven engagement.
- Prepare stakeholders for engagement by creating clear roles and accountabilities.
- Communicate your engagement program strategy and plan for next steps past survey launch.
Workshop: Develop an Engagement Program Strategy
Workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Develop an Engagement Program Strategy
- Review your organization’s engagement history and readiness.
- Identify stakeholders and draft results-sharing and action-planning activities.
- Prepare to support stakeholders with the resources needed to execute their roles.
- Articulate key messages using a communication plan.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Organization’s engagement strategy readiness assessed.
- Engagement strategy’s purpose, goals, and metrics determined.
- Stakeholders identified.
- Action planning activities outlined.
- Communication plan developed.
Review and identify the implications of history of engagement measures and initiatives.
Articulate the purpose of engagement.
Select goals and metrics for the engagement program.
- Engagement purpose and goals
Select which engagement measures are most appropriate for your organization.
- Engagement measurement and cadence
Outline and assign stakeholder roles and accountabilities.
- Roles and accountabilities
Develop an action plan.
- Action plan
Develop a communication plan.
- Communication plan