- Exit surveys often have low response rates due a failure to send surveys as soon as departing employees submit their resignations and employee beliefs that feedback will not be acted upon.
- Actions may focus on addressing immediate issues rather than following up with respondents to clarify feedback and conducting a full analysis of the results.
- Exit survey data analysis is often done in a silo, without examining other employee survey data such as new hire or engagement for consistent themes or insights.
Demonstrate that the organization values and leverages feedback from departing employees to improve the employee experience.
Impact and Result
- Tap into the perspective of departing employees to identify overall trends behind resignations.
- Focus on the insights the data reveals to make organizational improvements and resolve issues that cause premature departure.
- Source qualitative data to understand the context behind the results and action plan with greater impact.