Unlock Select a Human Resources Information System
Get Instant Access
Select a Human Resources Information System
Don’t get caught up in the marketing hype! Navigate the crowded HR technology landscape with a thorough and objective approach to HRIS software selection.
- There are many solutions claiming to provide strong capability in most areas of functionality. Differentiating between the solutions is very difficult.
- There are often many unstructured opinions from stakeholders during the selection process, creating ambiguity and bogging down decision makers.
- No technology solution will perfectly satisfy all needs.
- Select the right system by creating an objective process for gathering requirements and evaluating vendors against them.
Impact and Result
- Follow a structured approach to launch your HRIS project, filling in knowledge gaps in an organized way to prepare your organization to make an informed decision.
- Follow a thorough process for gathering concrete requirements for the many different functions of an HRIS.
- Identify a set of vendors whose solutions fit your use case and send them a detailed RFP.
- Create a fair and objective process for evaluating bids you receive from vendors.
Select a Human Resources Information System Research & Tools
1. Prepare for requirements gathering
Determine the use cases, outline a potential list of vendors, and set metrics.
2. Gather requirements and prepare an RFP
Conduct requirements gathering sessions, create evaluation criteria, and develop an RFP.
3. Select an HRIS vendor
Evaluate RFP responses, select a solution, and set metrics to measure process improvement.
About McLean & Company
McLean & Company is an HR research and advisory firm providing practical solutions to human resources challenges via executable research, tools, diagnostics, and advisory services that have a clear and measurable impact on your business.
What Is a Blueprint?
A blueprint is designed to be a roadmap, containing a methodology and the tools and templates you need to solve your HR problems.
Each blueprint can be accompanied by a Guided Implementation that provides you access to our world-class analysts to help you get through the project.
Need Extra Help?
Speak With An Analyst
Get the help you need in this 3-phase advisory process. You'll receive 8 touchpoints with our researchers, all included in your membership.
Guided Implementation 1: Prepare for requirements gathering
- Call 1: Identify organizational fit for the technology.
- Call 2: Create the project plan.
Guided Implementation 2: Gather requirements and prepare RFP
- Call 1: Parse the vendor landscape with SoftwareReviews to create a long-list of vendors.
- Call 2: Plan requirements gathering steps.
- Call 3: Create evaluation criteria.
Guided Implementation 3: Select an HRIS vendor
- Call 1: Evaluate RFP responses and create a short-list of vendors.
- Call 2: Conduct vendor demonstrations and select a solution.
- Call 3: Determine metrics to measure process improvement and plan for implementation.
- Kristina Blazevski, Program Manager, Property Development Industry
- Gord Bowers, Independent Consultant
- Hilary Croach, CIO, Bay Cove
- Arn Kashino, Head of Enterprise Business Solutions, CAPREIT
- Farhan Khan, HRIS Implementation Specialist
- Muhammad Malim, HRIS Implementation Specialist
- Adam Pearson, Safety Manager, Automotive Industry
- Graham Turner, HRIS Implementation Specialist
Related Content: HR Technology
Search Code: 81116
Last Revised: April 11, 2019