- It can be difficult to know how to translate engagement survey feedback into action, and senior leaders may have limited opportunities or time to interact with employees.
- Senior leaders may be unaware of their impact on engagement or resistant to feedback, discounting their influence as inaccurate or taking criticism personally.
- What employees want from senior leaders is actually quite simple: they want to be informed, have the opportunity to interact with their leaders, and be involved in decisions that affect their work life.
- Inspiration is the natural outcome of sharing rationale for decisions, acting on feedback, and building trust with employees.
- Increased interaction can be emotionally demanding for senior leaders and may be uncomfortable for employees at first. However, the organizational benefits of employee engagement outweigh any initial discomfort.
Impact and Result
- Use insights from neuroscience to decrease resistance to feedback and help senior leaders understand and own their impact on employee engagement.
- Guide senior leaders to use McLean & Company’s 3i model as a foundation for increasing their connection with employees: encourage them to find ways to inform, interact with, and involve employees to increase engagement.
- Offer senior leaders practical steps to improve in four key areas: sharing rationale for decisions, acting on feedback, building trust, and inspiring employees.
Workshop: Equip Senior Leaders to Drive Employee Engagement
Workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Prepare to Implement Manager Training
- Make the case for strengthening senior leadership relationships to drive employee engagement.
- Select goals and metrics training.
- Customize the training material and plan all aspects of the training day.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Use McLean & Company’s framework to equip senior leaders to drive engagement.
- Select baseline metrics.
- Align training material to the organization and determine aspects of the training day.
Establish high-level session objectives.
- Defined objectives and goals for the training initiative
Set benchmark metrics and take baseline measurements.
- Documented baseline measurements
Review content and customize session material.
- Customized senior leader training material
Plan session material.
- Determined the logistics of the training and planned out aspects of the training
Module 2: Follow Up After Training
- Create a timeline and criteria for follow-up to determine ongoing success of training program.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Create timeline for both senior leader behavior and metrics follow-up and set criteria.
Prepare to follow up on executive behavioral change and impact on the business.
- Designed and set a timeline for training follow-up initiatives and set follow-up criteria