- There is currently no vaccine for COVID-19.
- COVID-19 protocols are required to ensure health & safety and to prevent outbreaks.
- COVID-19 protocols require organizations to assess and change current operations and workplace layouts to ensure the health & safety of employees, clients, customers, the public, and other stakeholders.
- Organizations operating in different regions may have different federal and local public health restrictions and COVID-19 guidelines and be in different stages of the pandemic.
- The pandemic has disrupted value chains, vendors, suppliers, and customer demand.
- This disruption may be greater or lesser for different work units within an organization, further complicating this process, requiring work units to operate in different ways or at different times.
Workplace changes spurred by the realities of COVID-19 have been so seismic it is highly unlikely things will go back to the way they were before.
Impact and Result
- Review business operations and determine how to deploy the workforce, as necessary, within the workplace.
- Build a plan that uses the organization’s key strategic priorities to identify and prioritize work units.
- Maintain awareness of public health requirements and legislation to design “return to work” protocols, such as health & safety, include actions to address employee specific challenges, and be prepared to iterate.
This guided implementation is a six call advisory process.
Guided Implementation #1 - Identify the organization's work units and select organization-wide COVID-19 protocols
Call #1 - Examine the key components of returning to the workplace.
Call #2 - Determine the work units and their current status in the organization.
Call #3 - Review COVID-19 protocol ideas that will support the return to the workplace.
Guided Implementation #2 - Determine how employee segments will return to the workplace
Call #1 - Identify the employee segments that will return to the workplace.
Call #2 - Determine how COVID-19 protocols and organizational policies and programs will be tailored.
Guided Implementation #3 - Prepare to support employees through the transition