For many, emergency WFH comes with several new challenges such as additional childcare responsibilities, sudden changes in role expectations, and negative impacts on wellbeing. These new challenges, coupled with previously existing ones, can result in poor performance. Owing to the lack of physical presence and cues, managers may struggle to identify that an employee’s performance is suffering. Even after identifying poor performance, it can be difficult to address remotely when such conversations would ideally be held in person.
Need Extra Help?
Speak With An Analyst.
- Get on-demand project support
- Get advice, coaching, and insight at key project milestones
- Go through a Guided Implementation to help you get through your project
- Poor performance must be managed, despite the pandemic. Evaluating root causes of performance issues is more important than ever now that personal factors such as lack of childcare and eldercare for those working from home are complicating the issue.
Impact and Result
- Organizations need to have a clear process for improving performance for employees working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic. Provide managers with resources to help them identify performance issues and uncover their root causes as part of addressing overall performance. This will allow managers to connect employees with the required support while working with them to improve performance.