An onboarding checklist should:
- Group similar activities together.
- Be organized along a timeline.
- Include all items for which the task owner is responsible.
This sample master checklist will provide a starting point for individual checklists. To customize:
- Add any missing items (pay close attention to housekeeping and compliance items)
- Determine task owners and completion windows
- Create separate task lists for each task owner
Make sure onboarding tasks aren’t forgotten by mandating the use of checklists for everyone involved in onboarding, from IT to the hiring manager.