Performance appraisals are an essential part of performance management because they deliver messages of success, improvement areas, goals, objectives, development opportunities and action plans to employees. Use this policy template to construct a performance appraisal policy for your organization that explains:
- The use of standard forms and templates.
- How informal feedback should be delivered.
- How formal appraisals should be conducted.
- The structure for approving and reporting on performance.
- The accountability of supervisors.
Successful performance appraisals take time, structure and diligence. Start with outlining the expectations for your employees with this template.