- Hybrid work at this scale has not been seen before, and it comes with unique challenges around maintaining social connection, communicating effectively, and ensuring inclusion of all employees.
- These challenges can be overcome with effective people leaders, but effective people leadership in a hybrid working environment looks different than it did in the office. People-leadership behaviors and practices must change if hybrid work is to be successful.
Hybrid work at this scale is still new and will take time to finesse. While everyone has a role to play in its success, the role of people leaders is particularly important. Enable successful hybrid work by providing people leaders with the necessary support to lead effectively, promote teamwork, and foster connection in a hybrid environment.
Impact and Result
- Build a resource toolkit for people leaders to support them in shifting their behavior and practices in a way that is conducive to hybrid work, mitigates challenges, exemplifies cultural values, and drives results.
- Provide resources that help people leaders lead effectively, promote teamwork, and foster connection in a hybrid environment.
- Identify pain points of hybrid work that people leaders can impact, and tailor the resources to address those needs.
- Continually monitor the success of the toolkit and of hybrid work in general. Iterate and adjust as required to successfully enable hybrid work.