- Leaders are failing at alarming rates.
- This failure is caused by:
- Poor decision making.
- Inability to develop followers.
- Inadequate responsiveness impeding ability to adapt.
- Such high failure rates threaten leaders’ survival and organizational success.
- In today’s VUCA environment leaders are failing, negatively impacting leader success and organizational survival. For leaders to effectively lead today, the leadership paradigm needs to shift.
- Socialized through education and experience, leaders feel that they must make all decisions, quickly, as they are the leader. However, today it is impossible for leaders to know everything. For leaders to be effective, they must avoid speeding through the deliberation phase by pausing, planning, and continually learning.
- The complexity of the current operating environment means that the designated leader is not actually the most appropriate leader in every situation. Leaders must learn how to create space for others to step forward and take on the role of leader.
Impact and Result
- It’s clear that a new approach to leadership is required.
- Leaders must focus on preparing themselves to lead and creating space for others to lead.
- McLean & Company’s integrated leadership paradigm will set leaders up for success with five elements: (1) be planful; (2) learn to learn; (3) distribute leadership; (4) activate networks; and (5) incorporate influence.
Workshop: Integrated Leadership
Workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Adopt McLean & Company’s Integrated Leadership Paradigm
Discuss the challenges of leadership in today’s environment, review common obstacles, and discuss how to adopt five key elements to lead effectively.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Lead effectively in a VUCA world.
- Prepare to lead by overcoming our inherent bias to action, pausing, planning, and continually learning.
- Create space for others to lead by distributing leadership opportunities and activating networks.
Review five elements of integrated leadership.
- Understand how to apply an integrated approach to leadership in the organization.