- Rapid pace and a high degree of change make it hard to stay relevant.
- Lack of predictability of issues and events makes it difficult to know which HR initiatives will be worthwhile.
- Mitigating factors make it hard to get a clear sense of what HR must do.
- There is a lack of clarity as to the causes and consequences of events, and how HR should respond.
- HR must shift from talking about being strategic to behaving strategically by developing competencies in business acumen, organizational awareness, data analysis, and relationship building.
- Asking what the organization needs from HR will change the perception of HR from roadblock to business enabler.
Impact and Result
- Become a strategic business partner by developing four key competencies: business acumen, organizational awareness, data analysis, and relationship building.
- Turn data analysis into strategic analytics tailored to your organization.
- Seek stakeholder feedback to ensure competency development is having the desired impact and promoting alignment between organizational needs and HR actions.
Business Outcome Orientation
1 to 1.5 CPD hours per course.
McLean & Company is recognized by SHRM and can award Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
HR Certification Institute’s® official seal confirms that McLean & Company meets the criteria for pre-approved recertification credit(s) for any of HRCI’s eight credentials, including SPHR® and PHR®.
How to complete this course:
Use these videos, along with the Project Blueprint deck above, to gain an understanding of the subject. Start with the Introduction, then move through each of the Course Modules. At the end of each Module, you will be required to complete a short test to demonstrate your understanding. You will complete this course when you have completed all of the course tests.
- Number of Course Modules: 4
- Estimated Completion Time: 1.5 hours
Create a business outcome orientation for HR as a function. Identify the significant impact HR can have on business outcomes when HR initiatives and resources are aligned with organizational goals and when HR has the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to effectively deliver on these HR initiatives.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify the components of business acumen that enable business-outcome-focused decision making.
- Describe how to identify business outcomes that are based on organizational goals.
- Explain how to align and communicate HR initiatives.
- Explain how to align an HR budget with organizational goals to ensure resource allocation supports business outcomes.
Workshop: Develop Key Competencies to Excel as a Strategic Business Partner
Workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Define and Assess Competencies
- Understand proficiency levels for key competencies.
- Organizational goal setting.
- Set benchmark metrics for progress tracking.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Goals and starting proficiency levels are discussed and agreed upon.
- Metrics are created.
Establish department and role competency proficiency levels.
- Proficiency levels for the four key HR competencies are defined.
Establish high-level development objectives.
- Organizational and departmental goals related to becoming a strategic HR business partner are planned.
Set benchmark metrics.
- Baseline metrics are set.
Module 2: Create Competency Development Plan
- Determine development priorities.
- Create activities to aid in development of those priorities.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Priorities are realized and activities are developed.
Prioritize focus for competency development opportunities.
- Creation of development opportunities according to priority and competency.
Create development activities for each prioritized development point.
- Development activities for each competency’s prioritized development is devised.
Module 3: Prepare to Evolve for Ongoing Impact
- Lay out potential pushback areas and determine solutions.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Communication strategy and solutions for pushback are created.
Prepare for stakeholder pushback.
- Defined categories of pushback and potential ideas to address expected pushback.