- It is often unclear what competencies an HR department should develop to achieve HR departmental priorities.
- It can be difficult to assess selected competencies quickly and at no to low cost since many third-party assessments are expensive or too expansive and in-house assessments can be difficult to create.
- Development plans for effectively developing an HR department in the selected competencies often don’t exist, are overly complicated, or do not accurately target the selected competencies.
- Effectively develop your HR department by keeping it simple. Identify department-wide and individual competency gaps, then provide employee development opportunities using a variety of learning methods to increase the likelihood of adoption and success.
Impact and Result
- Use McLean & Company’s three-step process to identify the competencies key to delivering on the HR department’s priorities, assess the HR team against these competencies, and create a training and development plan to address competency gaps. Weigh time, budget, and the size of the competency gap when determining how to address each gap.
This program has been approved for continuing professional development (CPD) hours under Section A of the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Log of the Human Resource Professionals Association (HRPA).
McLean & Company is recognized by SHRM and can award Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
HR Certification Institute’s® official seal confirms that McLean & Company meets the criteria for pre-approved recertification credit(s) for any of HRCI’s eight credentials, including SPHR® and PHR®.
How to complete this course:
Use these videos, along with the Project Blueprint deck above, to gain an understanding of the subject. Start with the Introduction, then move through each of the Course Modules. At the end of each Module, you will be required to complete a short test to demonstrate your understanding. You will complete this course when you have completed all of the course tests.
- Number of Course Modules: 5
- Estimated Completion Time: 1.5 hours
Describe the importance of aligning the HR department with the organizational people strategy and explain the different pillars that can be leveraged to achieve this.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Select a high-level HR structure that compliments the organization's objectives and enables top HR priorities.
- Identify and improve HR processes that are used to deliver transactional services.
- Explain how technology is reshaping the HR function.
- Determine the critical competencies for the HR team and identify a strategy for improving them.
- Describe the important role change management plays in successful HR transformation and identify strategies that can be used in your organization.