- Seventy-five percent of organizations provide coaching and mentoring training (CIPD, 2015), yet 27% of employees say their managers are poor at coaching (CIPD, 2017).
- Conventional coaching training focuses on teaching managers a process of coaching without training them to apply the behaviors required to coach effectively.
- Conventional coaching training focuses on the process of coaching. However, more important than the process are the behaviors required to coach effectively.
- Coaching is just one people management practice of many. It is not the be-all and end-all. Managers need to know when to use it and how to switch.
- Coaching training needs to move beyond formal training to drive continuous development.
Impact and Result
- Use McLean & Company’s behavior-focused coaching model to train managers to adopt the key behaviors required to coach.
- Develop and implement post-training activities to ensure that managers sustain and apply their learning on the job.
Workshop: Train Managers to Coach Employees for High Performance and Development
Workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Prepare for and Deliver Coaching Training
- Customize the manager training deck to the organization’s unique processes and structure.
- Train managers to coach employees for high performance and development.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Completed plan for manager training.
- Managers have improved coaching capability.
Review and customize the manager training deck and participant handbook.
- Training Deck: Coach Employees for High Performance and Development
- Coach Employees for High Performance and Development Participant Handbook
Facilitate coaching training.
- Coaching Self-Assessment
- Coaching Role Play Scenarios
- Coaching Training Session Feedback Form
- Modern PM Feedback and Coaching Guide
Module 2: Follow up After Training
Create a plan to support managers’ continuous coaching development after training.
Key Benefits Achieved
Reinforce manager learning and ensure it is applied on the job.
Customize the coaching post-training follow-up facilitate guide.
- Coaching Post-Training Follow-Up Facilitation Guide
Facilitate post-training follow-up meeting(s).