THIS CONTENT IS OUT OF DATEThis content is retired but we have related up-to-date content below.
- Craig Dowden (Ph.D.), Executive Coach, Keynote Speaker, and Author
- Linda Galindo, Accountability Consultant, Keynote Speaker, Author and Executive Coach, Galindo Consulting Inc.
- Ron Mack, Vice President of Human Resources, HSS Inc.
- Sean Pomeroy, CEO, Visibility Software
- Charles Precourt, General Manager, Propulsion Systems Division, Orbital ATK
- David Robinson, Co-Founder and Partner, TRAC-Team, Mentor, Angel Investor
- Mark Samuel, Author and Accountability Consultant, IMPAQ Corporation
- Andy Thweatt, Southern California Operations Manager, Flyers Energy
- Despite its many widely-known benefits, managers struggle to instill a mindset of accountability within their teams.
- This deficiency is often due to a lack of knowledge and/or lack of will.
- Accountability improves employee performance, development, interpersonal relationships, trust, empowerment, and engagement. This holds true regardless of level, business function, or individual personality type.
- Accountability is naturally associated with consequences, both positive and negative, but should be an avenue to foster positive relationships, develop key competencies, and create an environment focused around learning.
Impact and Result
- To address this deficit, managers must understand how and when to encourage autonomy and how to empower their employees to take success into their own hands. Thorough manager training can, and will, provide managers with the required information to guide and support their teams in becoming more accountable.
- Fostering personal accountability in individual contributors and leaders alike will help drive organizational performance.
This guided implementation is a two call advisory process.
Guided Implementation #1 - Prepare to implement manager training
Call #1 - Discuss training objectives and review finalized training materials to ensure the organization’s internal practices are well represented and the training material will be impactful.
Guided Implementation #2 - Follow up after training