- Claudette Banks, Director, Workforce Strategy, MPAC
- Trish Freshwater, Senior Communications Manager, Talent Acquisition, Sodexo
- N. Robert Johnson, Practice Leader, Workforce Communications
- Drew Railton, Partner, The Caldwell Partners International
- Sophia Tantses, Global Manager, Talent Acquisition & Mobility, SCIEX, a Danaher Company
- Internal talent mobility (ITM) is not keeping up with business need, ranking the lowest in effectiveness compared to all other Talent Acquisition areas.
- There is a common mentality among hiring managers that external candidates are better.
- Overall employee engagement is significantly lower when there is a lack of career development and advancement opportunities.
- Internal talent mobility optimization lies at the intersection of organizational needs and people needs.
- The need to have the right people, in the right job, at the right time is coinciding with people’s growing need to have the right career opportunity, with the right employer, right now.
Impact and Result
- Build on existing programs that impact and support internal talent mobility.
- Create an ITM playbook to develop and improve ITM program effectiveness.
- Launch ITM program and track success.
This guided implementation is a six call advisory process.
Guided Implementation #1 - Evaluate current state of ITM
Call #1 - Review the rationale for completing the project and discuss the effectiveness of current ITM practices.
Call #2 - Discuss SWOT analysis outcomes.
Guided Implementation #2 - Create ITM playbook
Call #1 - Review SWP in the context of ITM potential.
Call #2 - Walk through the various internal practices that impact or support ITM.
Guided Implementation #3 - Execute ITM program