Succession planning is critical to mitigate the risk of lost knowledge as it ensures you have the required skills and knowledge to meet business goals. Use the Key Roles Succession Planning Tool to document key roles, incumbents, potential successors, and associated readiness and risk points.
After completion of the tool, you will have the following:
- A place to document business priorities, goals, and challenges.
- An inventory of all key roles, including the required skills and knowledge for each role.
- A repository of key role incumbent details, such as time in role, skills ratings, next roles, and development needs.
- A risk assessment for all key role incumbents.
- A potential successor readiness assessment.
- A list of potential successors, broken down by when they will be ready for the new role.
Ensure you are not caught unprepared - keep critical knowledge and skills within the organization.