- A VUCA (volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous) environment makes it increasingly difficult for organizations to predict the skills required or positions available in the future.
- The talent economy is increasingly fluid and flexible, and perceptions of a career are evolving as a result.
- Career path programs are not outdated, but they need to be approached differently – it’s less about creating a framework and more about creating visible opportunities.
- Amidst an increasingly fluid and flexible talent economy and a broadening definition of “career,” employees must drive their career development and the organization must provide support to get them there.
Impact and Result
- The need for employees to chart their career paths in the face of constantly changing skills has arrived. Build a program that empowers employees to drive their own careers and provides them with the tools to do so.
- In a VUCA environment, career paths offer a double benefit. Employees acquire a wide range of skills and explore interests, and organizations see increased engagement, bench strength, and retention.
1 to 1.5 CPD hours per course.
McLean & Company is recognized by SHRM and can award Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
HR Certification Institute’s® official seal confirms that McLean & Company meets the criteria for pre-approved recertification credit(s) for any of HRCI’s eight credentials, including SPHR® and PHR®.
How to complete this course:
Use these videos, along with the Project Blueprint deck above, to gain an understanding of the subject. Start with the Introduction, then move through each of the Course Modules. At the end of each Module, you will be required to complete a short test to demonstrate your understanding. You will complete this course when you have completed all of the course tests.
- Number of Course Modules: 5
- Estimated Completion Time: 1.5 hours
Define the following steps in career pathing: determine goals of a career path program, identify types of career moves to highlight and how to feature them, and set a plan to launch and maintain the program.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Determine the career path landscape in their organization.
- Understand the five types of career movements.
- Explore collateral, tools, and programs that support career moves.
- Develop a plan to launch and measure the career path program.
All of our McLean Academy courses have closed captioning available. To turn this function on, click on the C.C. in the bottom right corner of the video screen and click "English" on the options that pop up.
Career Path - Introduction: Learn how to future-proof your workforce by enabling employees to drive their own careers
Career Path - Module 1: Determine the career path landscape
Career Path - Module 2: Understand the five types of career movements
Career Path - Module 3: Career path program options
Career Path - Module 4: Launch, measure, and maintain your career path program