- Leaders have left employees to drive their own development without providing direction or support and without aligning development to organizational needs.
- Organizations position development as employee owned, yet employees still feel like their needs aren’t being met, and many leave as a result.
- Organizations often have a lot of employee development opportunities but don’t connect the right opportunity to the right employee.
Need Extra Help?
Speak With An Analyst.
- Get on-demand project support
- Get advice, coaching, and insight at key project milestones
- Go through a Guided Implementation to help you get through your project
Employee development needs to be employee owned and manager supported, but organization informed to ensure that it meets the organization’s needs. Operating environments change quickly, and organizations need to develop the competencies employees need both today and in the future.
Impact and Result
- Design an employee development plan that builds the competencies the organization needs both today and in the future.
- Connect the right development opportunity to the right employee through an effective employee development-planning process.
- Equip managers and build program support to foster continuous employee learning and development.
This program has been approved for continuing professional development (CPD) hours under Section A of the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Log of the Human Resource Professionals Association (HRPA).
McLean & Company is recognized by SHRM and can award Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
HR Certification Institute's® (HRCI®) official seal confirms that McLean & Company meets the criteria for pre-approved recertification credit(s) for any of HRCI’s eight credentials, including SPHR® and PHR®.
How to complete this course:
Use these videos, along with the Project Blueprint deck above, to gain an understanding of the subject. Start with the Introduction, then move through each of the Course Modules. At the end of each Module, you will be required to complete a short test to demonstrate your understanding. You will complete this course when you have completed all of the course tests.
- Number of Course Modules: 4
- Estimated Completion Time: 1.5 hours
Describe how to design an impactful employee development program, from analyzing the organization’s needs, to designing program building blocks, to building program support.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Make the case for an employee development program in their organization.
- Conduct an analysis of the competencies the organization needs today and in the future.
- Define the requirements for designing an employee development program.
- Define the program support required and discuss high-level actions, communications, and metrics to implement the program.