- The high level of detail in job descriptions and lengthy approval processes are incongruent with today’s dynamic work environment.
- Out-of-date, incomplete, or vague job responsibilities and descriptions lead to confusion, employee disengagement, increased risk in labor litigation, and perpetuate inequitable talent practices.
Need Extra Help?
Speak With An Analyst.
- Get on-demand project support
- Get advice, coaching, and insight at key project milestones
- Go through a Guided Implementation to help you get through your project
- Job descriptions are not used because they’re out of date, but they’re out of date because they’re not used. To transform them into living documents that are regularly used (and not merely stored until job ads need to be created), both the templates and the process need to be simplified and the descriptions need to be integrated into multiple HR programs.
Impact and Result
- Use McLean & Company’s process to select and tailor the right type of template(s) for your organization.
- Simplify the process to ease the burden of creating, updating, and maintaining job descriptions for all stakeholders.
- Turn job descriptions into living documents that managers, HR, and employees find value in.