- Corporate communications and digital strategies are usually owned by individuals, teams, or departments outside of HR.
- Without HR involvement in employer branding, organizations run the risk of promoting a brand misaligned with the employee value proposition (EVP).
- Without the skills, resources, or ownership, it is difficult for HR to build a strong social media presence and take their social media use to the next level.
- Social media is a powerful tool to communicate and promote the employer brand and organizations are increasingly recognizing its potential.
- Organizations leverage social media as a means of recruiting potential talent and/or for consumer marketing, but initiating an employee ambassador program is increasingly becoming a top social media priority.
- While social media changes HR’s role, HR does not have to become a marketing expert. Instead, they need to collaborate with those who have the right skills and knowledge.
- With the active promotion of your employer brand by employees, organizations are able to extend their reach, bring the organization’s authentic voice to life, and ultimately promote the organization.
Impact and Result
- Build an employee ambassador program that suits the needs, culture, and trust level of your organization.
- Improve employee engagement and organizational outcomes within your organization while simultaneously improving public perception beyond your organization.
- Enhance talent acquisition experiences to not only source talent, but create “talent communities” which attract or “pull” talent to your organization.
- Effectively mitigate social media risks, leverage existing social media skills in your workforce, and empower your employees to speak out about their authentic experience.
Workshop: Develop an Employee Brand Ambassador Program
Workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Assess Your Current Social Media Landscape and Set Employee Ambassador Objectives
- Understand how an employee ambassador program fits within your current social media landscape
- Determine program objectives and set measures of success.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Program objectives clearly identified and understood.
- Metrics to measure efforts.
Identify your target audience, their characteristics, and social media preferences.
- Target audience outlined.
Assess your organization’s current social media landscape.
- Social media audit completed.
Establish program objectives and set measures of success.
- Employee ambassador program objectives and measures of success finalized.
Module 2: Build Your Employee Ambassador Program
- To design and build an employee ambassador program specific to your organization.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Outlined details of the employee ambassador program.
Build your employee ambassador program.
- Employee ambassador program plan
Determine your social media policy.
- Social media policy
Create employee ambassador guidelines.
- Employee ambassador guidelines
Develop a communication strategy.
- Communication strategy