A mentoring agreement documents the specifics of the relationship. At their first meeting, the mentor and mentee should set expectations for their relationship and agree on goals. The mentoring partners will use the Mentoring Agreement Template to document:
- Logistics of the mentoring relationship and its length.
- Goals, expectations, and responsibilities.
- Relationship boundaries, confidentiality issues, and conflicts of interest.
- How you will resolve problems or obstacles.
- Any other terms agreed to by the parties.
Use this template to ensure understanding and agreement between both parties of the mentoring relationship.