An effective onboarding program needs to successfully acclimate, guide, and develop new hires over months, not days. In fact, onboarding that contains well-designed orientation, performance management, and development has a significant, positive impact on new hire engagement and retention.
Craft a robust onboarding program by:
- Assessing the current onboarding efforts.
- Developing an organization-wide orientation plan.
- Standardizing a new employee performance management process.
- Planning for new hire development success.
- Implementing and communicating new onboarding process.
A comprehensive onboarding program leads to early socialization and job clarity of new hires, greater enthusiasm and engagement, quicker ramp-up to productivity, and increased revenue from better productivity.