Use Flexible Work Arrangements and Time Off to Attract and Retain Top Talent
Don’t limit rewards to cold hard cash – use flex location, flex time, and flex time off to appeal to employees and candidates looking for better work/life balance.
Lack of an FWA program tailored for your organization causes:
- Decreased ability to attract and retain top talent.
- Increased recruitment costs
- Increased benefits costs.
- Decreased productivity.
- Decreased engagement.
- Increased absenteeism.
- Increased real estate costs.
A tailored FWA program causes:
- Improved ability to attract and retain top talent through a more appealing employee value proposition.
- Lower recruitment costs.
- Increased engagement.
- Increased retention.
- Lower absenteeism.
- Increased productivity.
Module 1: Assess readiness and get executive buy-in
- Assess organizational readiness for an FWA program and get executive buy-in.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Lean about types of FWA.
- Assessment of any potentially serious barriers to effectively implementing FWA in your organization.
- Executive approval, buy-in, and involvement in setting guiding principles.
|1.1||Identify FWA related pain points.||
|1.2||Identify current formal and informal FWA offerings.||
|1.3||Surface concerns about implementing FWAs.||
|1.4||Determine if there are any major organization level obstacles to FWA.||
|1.5||Establish KPIs for the FWA program.||
|1.6||Develop a project proposal for executives.||
|1.7||Get executives involved in setting guiding principles for the FWA program.||
Module 2: Evaluate options and operationalize your FWA program
- Conduct an FWA Options Analysis.
- Get employee input.
- Refine your FWA options through a feasibility analysis
- Create FWA policies.
- Develop roll out and communication plans.
- Discuss next steps.
Key Benefits Achieved
- A full understanding of the benefits of FWA.
- An action plan to roll out your chosen FWA options.
|2.1||Identify which FWA options are best for your organization or specific department.||
|2.2||Get employee feedback through focus group(s).||
|2.3||Use all of the different feedback methods and inputs you’ve used to create your final FWA options list.||
|2.4||Establish eligibility criteria for your FWA programs.||
|2.5||Establish clear policies and guidelines for your FWA program.||