Formalize a Learning & Development Strategy
Ensure your Learning & Development activities are providing value by delivering on organizational goals.
Without a Learning & Development strategy:
- Piecemeal initiatives are put in place, creating duplicated efforts and wasted resources.
- Programs aren’t created or evaluated holistically, creating gaps in learning.
- L&D initiatives might not line up with organizational initiatives.
With a robust Learning & Development strategy in place:
- Programs are easy to evaluate against organizational objectives.
- All initiatives are working towards the same goals.
- There is clear understanding between all employees as to why training occurs and how it can be implemented most effectively.
Module 1: Determine Future and Current State of Learning & Development
- Understand the rationale for creating an L&D strategy.
- Develop a vision to guide the strategy creation.
- Analyze problems, gaps, and weaknesses affecting the L&D department.
Key Benefits Achieved
- An understanding of the pain points that result from not having a strategy, and an understanding of the key benefits achieved from implementing one.
- A vision statement created.
- Problems identified so that they can be addressed.
|1.1||Establish your project team for crafting the Learning & Development strategy.||
|1.2||Review strategy documents to highlight key themes and understand the future goals of the organization.||
|1.3||Determine how to seek stakeholder input effectively.||
|1.4||Write a Learning & Development vision statement.||
|1.5||Perform a SWOT Analysis to uncover internal and external factors impacting Learning & Development.||
|1.6||Use the SWOT analysis to form L&D strategies that address your organization’s needs and weaknesses.||
|1.7||Perform a needs assessment.||
|1.8||Prioritize issues to be addressed using dot voting.||
Module 2: Establish and Apply L&D Strategic Principles
- Establish L&D strategic principles.
- Apply the strategy across the Learning & Development function.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Customized strategic principles established.
- Methods formulated for ensuring the strategy is applied successfully across all current and future programming.
|2.1||Establish your core strategic principles for Learning & Development.||
|2.2||Confirm that your key principles align with the vision and the prioritized issues that were uncovered.||
|2.3||Prepare to ensure adherence to L&D strategic principles by cataloguing your current L&D initiatives.||
|2.4||Review each strategic principle you established and formulate methods for its achievement.||
|2.5||Create a timeline for your L&D initiatives to build out a three-year strategy.||
|2.6||Determine and communicate the key stakeholders’ responsibilities for L&D strategy implementation.||
|2.7||Finalize evaluation criteria and measure baseline metrics.||