Despite different experiences, Millennials are driven by the same motivations as other generations. Develop a plan to engage Millennials and experience the effects across your workforce.
Failing to engage Millennials can result in:
- Loss of high-performing employees.
- An inability to attract or engage Millennials.
- A disengaged workforce (all generations).
- A lack of business continuity as baby boomers retire and Millennials are not prepared or present to take on their roles.
Engaging Millennials results in:
- Lower turnover of high-performing Millennials.
- Business continuity as Millennials are present and ready to take on new roles as Baby Boomers retire.
- Greater engagement across the organization not only within the Millennial demographic, but also across other generations.
Module 1: Prepare to Engage
- Identification of misconceptions of Millennials, and discussion surrounding the reality of the workforce.
- Depiction of the generational demographic breakdown of the organization presently and in five years.
- Discuss different methods of measuring engagement and select the most appropriate for the organization.
Key Benefits Achieved
- A clear understanding of the reality of Millennials to better design an engagement plan tailored to their motivations.
- Clearly highlight the need to tailor engagement to Millennials as they will soon make up a large percentage of the workforce.
- Develop an understanding of how to measure employee engagement, and identify which is the most appropriate for the organization.
|1.1||Discuss Millennial misconceptions and truths.||
|1.2||Chart the generational breakdown of the business on an organizational chart both presently and in five years.||
|1.3||Analysis of the different options to measure engagement, and selection of the most appropriate for the organization.||
Module 2: Improve Engagement
- Review employee job engagement drivers.
- Discuss and select tactics to improve Millennial job engagement.
- Review employee organizational engagement drivers.
- Discuss and select tactics to improve Millennial organizational engagement.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Reviewed job and organizational engagement drivers.
- Selected key job engagement tactics, based on organizational culture and logistics. Developed a high-level implementation plan.
- An understanding of the different job and organizational engagement drivers which together add to overall engagement.
- To clearly highlight the need to tailor engagement to Millennials as they will soon make up a large percentage of the workforce.
- To develop an understanding of how to measure employee engagement, and identify which is the most appropriate for the organization.
|2.1||Identify how your organization stacks up in terms of development.||
|2.2||Prepare managers with the tools and advice necessary to engage Millennials.||
|2.3||Brainstorm recognition methods that align with Millennial engagement drivers and organizational culture.||
|2.4||Develop an engagement plan which incorporates Millennials' preferences, organizational culture, and logistics.||
|2.5||Assign accountability for each Millennial engagement tactic.||
|2.6||Design an attractive Employee Value Proposition to develop a positive image in the eyes of the Millennials.||
|2.7||Design an engagement program that aligns with your organization’s Employee Value Proposition and culture.||