Develop an HR Plan to Effectively Manage the Merger or Acquisition Process
The human capital aspects of M&A are crucial to successful integration and goal realization. Be sure that HR is prepared for the challenge.
A poorly developed HR plan to manage the merger or acquisition process results in:
- Poor retention during the transition, distractions, and productivity losses
- Cultural clashes and misaligned departments
- Disengagement and confusion
- A high risk of negative outcomes such as litigation and discrimination
A fully developed HR plan to effectively manage the merger or acquisition process results in:
- Cultural integration
- Stabilized productivity and limited disruptions
- A defined and functional workplace plan
- An increased chance of M&A success
Module 1: Get Ready for M&A HR Planning
- The benefits of HR M&A planning.
- The people and information necessary to begin M&A HR planning.
- Critical elements of a communication plan.
- How the degree of cultural alignment impacts M&A HR planning.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Documented baseline information for your M&A HR plan.
- A communication plan tailored to key audiences.
- Assessment of the degree of cultural alignment between the two organizations.
|1.1||Make the case for M&A HR planning||
|1.2||Get ready for M&A HR planning||
|1.3||Create an M&A communication plan||
|1.4||Assess the degree of cultural alignment||
Module 2: Develop an HR Plan for the M&A
After completing this section, you will understand:
- The influencing factors of workforce planning and who to include in your M&A workforce planning team.
- How to identify the process you will use to determine the best employee for each job in the new entity.
- Factors in retaining key players through the M&A process.
- How to determine timing of employee transfers to the new entity, and/or exit packages if appropriate.
- McLean & Company’s process to evaluate and select Terms & Conditions for transitioning employees.
Key Benefits Achieved
Having engaged in this process, you will be able to:
- Design a workforce plan for the new organization.
- Evaluate and select terms & conditions of employment for the acquired employees.
|2.1||Design a new workforce plan||
|2.2||Evaluate and select Terms & Conditions||