Our "learning by practicing" approach incorporates activities designed to help managers:
This program has been approved for continuing professional development (CPD) hours under Section A of the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Log of the Human Resource Professional Association (HRPA).
This program is valid for PDCs for the SHRM-CP℠ or SHRM-SCP℠.
McLean & Company is a registered provider of recertification credits. HR Certification Institute® preapproved this program for HR (General) credit towards a aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and sPHRi™ recertification.
Management Fundamentals is a research-informed program for up to 25 new managers that introduces participants to the basics of successful people management.
- Foundations of Successful Management
- Communicate Effectively & Build High-Performing Teams
- Manage Performance
- Give Feedback and Coaching
- Delegate and Distribute Leadership
- Create a Culture of Personal Accountability
- Navigate Difficult Conversations & Conflict
- Provide Meaningful Recognition
- Master the Management Mindset
- Build Key Resiliency Behaviors
- Craft a Personal Leadership Brand
- Create an Action Plan
Enhance the Management Fundamentals program with an optional one-day session geared towards assisting the leadership team in sustaining learning, assigning accountability, and managing expectations for Management Fundamentals participants.
Leaders will participate in guided discussions to introduce the core Management Fundamentals concepts, allowing them to support people leaders who have participated in the Management Fundamentals training program.
Review key concepts:
- Coaching and Providing Feedback
- Expectations for Managers
- Modeling Key Behaviors
- Supporting and Measuring Key Behaviors
- Discussing Barriers to Change
- Discussing Emphasis Points for Managers
- Completing a Personal Action Plan