Effective employee development planning isn’t as onerous or expensive as managers think. The key to successful development is to engage in meaningful discussions with employees to understand their aspirations and goals, and to tweak management practices to incorporate development objectives into day-to-day tasks.
Specifically, this storyboard will:
- Walk managers through the two formal development discussions: the aspiration and action planning discussions.
- Provide questions for managers to ask employees so they can build a tailored development plan.
- Offer different development methods, accompanied by descriptions of the methods and when they would be most appropriate.
- Clarify roles and responsibilities within each step of the development process.
- Supply development advice for each type of employee on your team.
Use this storyboard to guide employee development planning at your organization.
Already a member?