Access this Note and more by filling out your information.
When you register you will also receive:
- A Free Trial Membership which provides additional free research and help on your projects
- Access to survey data, contribute to our research, community involvement and much more
Effective employee development planning isn’t as onerous or expensive as managers think. The key to successful development is to engage in meaningful discussions with employees to understand their aspirations and goals, and to tweak management practices to incorporate development objectives into day-to-day tasks.
Specifically, this storyboard will:
- Walk managers through the two formal development discussions: the aspiration and action planning discussions.
- Provide questions for managers to ask employees so they can build a tailored development plan.
- Offer different development methods, accompanied by descriptions of the methods and when they would be most appropriate.
- Clarify roles and responsibilities within each step of the development process.
- Supply development advice for each type of employee on your team.
Use this storyboard to guide employee development planning at your organization.