Implement Effective Employee Development Planning
Engage employees to own and plan their development.
Organizations who don’t develop their employees:
- Will have higher turnover rates and a disengaged workforce.
- Will have pressure on HR to develop a robust development planning process that managers and employees will embrace.
Implementing this development planning process will:
- Attract and retain employees.
- Improve overall employee engagement.
- Provide employees with frequent feedback and coaching which will lead to higher performance.
Module 1: Prepare for Effective Employee Development Planning
- Discuss and identify opportunities and challenges associated with employee development planning.
- Explore the benefits of implementing a development planning framework that is effective and efficient; identify relevant metrics to measure organizational success.
- Review the McLean & Company development planning framework.
- Understand employee and manager accountabilities within the development planning process.
- Establish the development planning document content to capture and measure employees’ success.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Understand issues to influence stakeholder buy-in for organization-wide development planning.
- Understanding of the McLean & Company development planning framework and how to use it.
- Commitment to information to capture in support of measuring employees’ progress towards goal attainment.
|1.1||Identify employee development challenges||
Module 2: Implement Effective Employee Development Planning
- Learn how to create development goals.
- Explore development methods in the context of a 70-20-10 mix.
- Learn the McLean & Company 3Cs Feedback model.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Improved goal-setting competencies.
- Improved awareness of development method impact on development goal attainment.
- Managers learning how to give meaningful feedback in a way that will support employees’ on-going development.
- Employees and managers owning their role in the process.
|2.1||Goal setting using SMART principles||
|2.2||Explore 70-20-10 mix of development methods||
|2.3||Identify & evaluate development methods by goal||