Develop an Employee Ambassador Program
Harness the power of your employee voice on social media to reflect your most authentic organizational culture, build a strong employer brand, and attract top candidates.
Not fully leveraging the employee voice on social media to effectively promote your employer brand will:
- Leave organizations out of online conversations that are already happening – 50% of employees post messages, pictures, or videos about their employer on social media and 33% of them do so without any encouragement from their employer.
- Limit organization’s reach – employees have 10x more social connections than a brand does and content shared by employees receives 8x more online engagement than content shared on corporate accounts.
- Limit the effectiveness of the organization’s promotion of itself – word of mouth is the most effective form of marketing and socially engaged employees are 58% more likely to attract new talent than recruiters.
Promoting the employer brand with an employee ambassador program:
- Provides organizations with valuable employee feedback, helping them address any gaps in their EVP.
- Empowers employees and increases employee engagement – employees of socially engaged organizations are 27% more likely to feel optimistic about the future of their organization and are 20% more likely to stay with their organization.
- Positively impacts the organization’s bottom line and socially engaged organizations decrease their cost per hire.
Module 1: Assess Your Current Social Media Landscape and Set Employee Ambassador Objectives
- Understand how an employee ambassador program fits within your current social media landscape
- Determine program objectives and set measures of success.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Program objectives clearly identified and understood.
- Metrics to measure efforts.
|1.1||Identify your target audience, their characteristics, and social media preferences.||
|1.2||Assess your organization’s current social media landscape.||
|1.3||Establish program objectives and set measures of success.||
Module 2: Build Your Employee Ambassador Program
- To design and build an employee ambassador program specific to your organization.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Outlined details of the employee ambassador program.
|2.1||Build your employee ambassador program.||
|2.2||Determine your social media policy.||
|2.3||Create employee ambassador guidelines.||
|2.4||Develop a communication strategy.||