Build an Inclusive and Integrated Talent Management Strategy
Empower your people with talent management programs and engage and develop all employees.
Immature or non-existent talent management strategy can cause:
- Inefficient programs
- Increased bureaucracy with limited to no benefit
- Inability to achieve forecasted financial growth
- Reduction in overall organizational competitiveness
- Disconnected talent management initiatives that cause duplicate work and are not aligned to promote the same goals
- Inability to deal with looming skills gaps
A formalized talent management strategy process results in:
- Increased efficiency, stemming from a strong foundation in competencies, allowing every area of HR to speak a common language
- Increased competitiveness in the marketplace using talent as a key differentiator
- Increased engagement stemming from an inclusive approach
- Increased agility because of a robust structure that covers the entire employee lifecycle
- More value provided from further alignment of HR with the rest of the organization, allowing better leveraging of employees in the organization
Module 1: Design Your Talent Management Strategy
- Identify how talent management can help support the goals of the organization by supporting organizational programs.
- Identify what the HR department needs to do in order to increase its maturity and ability to help achieve organizational goals.
- Note the tactics and initiatives that are of the highest value and should be done first.
- Identify how current programs fit into the new strategy.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Specific talent management action items that HR can undertake that will directly help to achieve organizational objectives.
- Knowledge of how current programs can be adjusted to help achieve new goals and fit within the new strategic framework.
|1.1||Talent goals cascade||
|1.2||Identify talent management overarching goals and principles||
|1.3||Conduct a gap analysis||
|1.4||Prioritize your tactics and initiatives||
|1.5||Conduct a current project inventory||
Module 2: Develop, Execute, and Maintain Your Strategy
- Identify interdependencies.
- Align current and new programs to organizational goals.
- Gain stakeholder buy-in.
- Execute and maintain the strategy.
Key Benefits Achieved
- A comprehensive and inclusive talent management strategy.
- A plan for buy-in, execution, and maintenance.
|2.1||Identify interdependencies and determine support required||
|2.2||Identify project metrics and timelines||
|2.3||Finalize communication plan for stakeholder buy-in||
|2.4||Develop your plan and execute strategy||