- Coaching has a positive impact across the organization.
- Managers who coach their direct employees reap the benefits in both employee engagement and intention to stay.
- Coaching is no longer a nice to have. As more Gen Y employees enter the workforce, coaching is one of their expectations.
- Unfortunately, most coaches are less effective than they should be, which illustrates the need for proper training.
- Coaching can be provided through formal, scheduled meetings or through immediate, informal channels.
- The GROW model provides an excellent structure to use when conducting formal coaching meetings.
- When you encounter a coachable moment, use the 3Cs model to provide feedback and then transition into informal coaching.
Impact and Result
The HR team will experience:
- Increased ability to assess talent.
- Faster identification of performance problems.
- Fewer complaints from employees that they are not receiving coaching.
- More time to focus on strategic initiatives.
The organization will experience:
- Higher levels of employee engagement.
- Improved employee retention.
- Lower turnover costs.
- Improved team performance – more productive employees.
Employees will experience:
- Skill development.
- Progress towards career goals.
- Greater support from managers.
- Job empowerment.
- Overall job satisfaction.
Managers will experience:
- Higher employee engagement.
- Improved relationships with team members.
- Better opportunities to provide feedback.
- Improved confidence in coaching.
1. Make the case for high impact training
Gain buy-in for high impact training from the rest of the organization.
2. Prepare to implement the training
Take initial baseline metrics; customize the materials to your organization; and plan the training logistics.
This guided implementation is a two call advisory process.
Call #1 - Prepare to implement coaching training
Our advisers will review the logistics of your coaching training session and ensure that your project metrics will be valuable.
Call #2 - Understand the concepts included in training
We will review the core coaching concepts (process, responsibilities, GROW model, feedback to coaching) with you and ensure that you have a solid grasp of each.
Book Your Workshop
Onsite workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Effectively Coach Your Employees to Better Performance
- Understand the importance of coaching and the potential value of coaching.
- Establish a structured coaching process with your direct reports.
- Use the GROW model to structure coaching meetings with employees.
- Move from feedback to coaching when coachable moments arise.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Improved coaching effectiveness.
- Knowledge and application of the GROW model when coaching.
- Ability to combine coaching with feedback.
Establish a structured coaching process with your direct reports.
- Defined roles and responsibilities.
Use the GROW model to organize coaching meetings with employees.
- Fill out coaching plan template.
Move from feedback to coaching when coachable moments arise.
- Practice feedback to coaching roleplays.