The M&A Workforce Planning Tool provides insight into the roles and headcount you will require through to the end of the M&A transition period and will assist you in the development of a departmental plan, outlining which staff from the acquired and acquiring organizations will fill each role.
The M&A Workforce Planning Tool has five tabs:
- The Data Entry tab provides you with a standard way to capture employee information which will be used throughout the rest of the tool.
- The Workforce Estimate tab provides an estimate of the FTE required through to the end of the M&A transition period as well as any projected surpluses or shortages based on current estimates of turnover, retirement, leaves, promotions or transfers, and new hires.
- The Departmental Review tab identifies new roles for employees from both the acquiring and acquired organizations who are earmarked for a specific department. The tool calculates whether the actual headcount at role level is over (surplus) or under (shortage) the estimated FTE.
- The Key Player Retention Plans tab documents monetary and non-monetary retention plans for key players.
- The Termination Plans tab documents termination packages and plans for employees for whom no new role was identified.
Use this tool in conjunction with the McLean & Company blueprint, Develop an HR Plan to Effectively Manage the Merger or Acquisition Process.